If it is published in 2019, or a 10% discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, including the CC-BY Open Access option, if it is published in 2020 if you transfer your manuscript to Journal of the Endocrine Society (JES) after initial submission is declined by JCEM and it is accepted for publication in JES, you can claim a single-use code entitling you to a $500 discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, except for the CC-BY Open Access option. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post-Publication Access Policies and Funder Demands
- Articles funded by the National Institutes of wellness (NIH), Wellcome Trust, Howard Hughes healthcare Institute (HHMI), and Canadian Institutes of Health analysis (CIHR) will soon be submitted to PubMed Central after last problem book and certainly will be produced easily for sale in year.
- You can find extra US national Agencies and personal funders that have partnerships using the nationwide Library of Medicine to leverage the PubMed Central infrastructure. A listing of these companies can be bought. For certain information about how to adhere to the policies of those funders, be sure to see their sites. Information about depositing a paper in PubMed Central in conformity having an access policy that is public.
- Please be aware that some funders (like the Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK) may necessitate book under an Open Access permit and payment that is subsequent of charge. Open access costs and book costs are authorized give costs for which authors can look for reimbursement through the Wellcome Trust, analysis Councils UK, or funders running under their policies. These articles will retain the after language: « this really is an Open Access article distributed beneath the regards to the imaginative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY; imaginative commons site), which allows unrestricted reuse, circulation, and reproduction in just about any medium, supplied the first tasks are precisely cited. »
- If for example the manuscript is accepted for book, you’ll be asked in the evidence phase to ensure the money way to obtain your paper also to consent to spend any post-publication that is applicable costs.
- Reimbursement: Although our company is generally speaking not able to process cancellations, refunds, or returns of Open Access costs after book, writers looking for reimbursement should contact the main Publications Officer at email@example.com.
Manuscript Preparation Tips and Checklist
Below is a list for the format that is basic. To find out more, see Editorial Policies. The editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, contact.
Tips on General Preparation of Initial Submissions
- Read the policies that are editorial. NOTE: Endocrine Society journals allow submissions from preprints: see Preprint Repositories and Prior Publication.
- For initial submissions JUST, writers may upload a solitary pdf of all of the distribution files. Nonetheless, if writers elect to upload a .doc form of their manuscript file, the device should be able to draw out most of the metadata automatically, that might speed going through the submission form that is online. Please be aware that no matter which option writers choose, text, numbers, and tables must certanly be uploaded as split files at revision.
- Submit paper in English through the Editorial Manager system.
- Make use of a double-spaced, single-column structure with 1-inch margins.
- Use line that is continuous throughout the manuscript. Manuscripts presented without line figures is supposed to be came back.
- Paginate the entire document.
- Put all tables and numbers following the recommendations and label each clearly.
- Gather required information before you start the distribution procedure in Editorial Manager:
- Comprehensive names, organizations, and e-mail details for every single writer.
- Publishing authors have to provide an ORCiD whenever uploading a manuscript.
- Appropriate financing information for every single writer.
- Disclosure information for every writer.
- Names and e-mail details for three recommended reviewers.
- Initial manuscript number if manuscript being submitted once was refused by the journal to which it really is being resubmitted.
- No employment cover letter is required. A text block is supplied throughout the distribution procedure for unique needs.
- Appropriate figure file specifications as detailed when you look at the Figure tips happen followed.
Tips on General Preparation of Revised Submissions
- At modification, two variations of one’s manuscript will likely be needed: (1) a copy that is marked-up be properly used for editor and reviewer purposes that shows all changes designed to the written text, legends, and tables with either highlighting, colored text, or tracked changes and (2) A clean, un-marked copy which includes all color and mark-up taken from text, legends, and tables which is employed by manufacturing, when your manuscript be accepted. Both variations of the manuscript should really be ready in and presented as MS term files.
- Please be aware that irrespective of one content showing color or markup, the 2 copies of one’s manuscript should both add all revisions and become identical. The clean content should include all revisions reflected within the marked-up version, but have actually tracked modifications accepted and highlighting/colored text reverted to black colored and white.
- Utilize continuous line numbering throughout both the noticeable manuscript plus the clean manuscript document. Manuscripts presented without line figures would be came back.
Authorization to Reproduce or Adapt Figures/Tables
Reproduced and adapted numbers and tables are permitted just in mini-reviews. Observe that the permissions staff will help the writer with distinguishing the type that is appropriate of to acquire. Whenever determining the status of the figure / dining table, be sure to use these definitions:
ORIGINAL: in the event that you created a figure or dining dining table designed for the ongoing work being submitted, that is a genuine with no permissions are expected.
REPRODUCED: if your figure or dining table seems in a brand new book just as it starred in the initial book, then it’s reproduced. Authorization should be written by the publisher and attribution into the source that is original be supplied.
ADJUSTED: If a figure or dining dining table is adjusted, it really is modified from the appearance that is original but closely resembles the first. Authorization must certanly be written by the publisher and attribution towards the source that is original be supplied.
In cases where a figure or dining dining table makes use of elements from another supply, or sources that are multiple writers have the effect of determining in the event that figure is “Adapted” or “Transformative”.
Then your reproduction of their data/illustrative elements is a derivative work (or “adaptation”) if you create a figure or table that (1) includes someone else’s previously published data or illustrative elements AND (2) their data/illustrative elements are incorporated into your work to illustrate similar facts or conclusions,. Authorization should be acquired through the owner and a citation into the initial work must be supplied in your figure/table legend.
In case the utilization of somebody else’s previously posted information or illustrative elements in your figure or dining table goes beyond just adjusting their act as described above, after that your usage are “transformative.” if you think the job is transformative, you might not want to get authorization, you do need certainly to give a citation.
To be transformative, your usage should include one thing uniquely not used to the root data/illustrative elements or provide an alternate function, function, or character compared to initial work. One element to think about is whether or not the work that is new remain competitive with or as supplanting the interest in the initial. Transformative works aren’t often competitive utilizing the initial work. If you were to think your use is transformative, you’ll want to look for guidance from your own appropriate institutional officers to look for the legal status regarding the numbers and tables you consist of along with your presented manuscript and offer the right language when you look at the figure/table legend.
As such and make a clear statement (citation) in the figure/table legend about the source of the data if you determine your work is “transformative” and does not require permission from the owner, you must certify it. It is necessary that particular instances be obviously evaluated by the writers and when required, the s that are institution( in charge of the job submitted by the authors. Writers should always be ready to offer the editorial workplace with paperwork showing the first figure or dining dining table and explaining the transformative nature regarding the brand new work.